Sanjeevanam Ayurveda Hospital Kerala
Heal In Luxury At Sanjeevanam
A Modern Approach
To Ayurvedic Medicine
Offering A Twist On Tradition To Restore Mind, Body & Soul
Located in the lush tropical landscape of Kochi, Kerala, Sanjeevanam is one of the best ayurvedic hospital in kerala offering a NEW approach to holistic healing . The Ayurveda centre in kerala seamlessly blends modern diagnostics, yoga, functional fitness & physiotherapy with the ancient art of Ayurveda to deliver a unique east-meets-west healing experience that will revive and revitalise your wellbeing.
The name Sanjeevanam is derived from the mythological plant “Sanjeevani” which is considered to be the “elixir of life”. With a vision of advancing the tenets of Ayurveda, Sanjeevanam ayurvedic centre in kerala provide care and rejuvenation therapies to enable patients to live a healthy and better life. Whilst Ayurveda may be a staple of Indian wellbeing, this incredible combination of traditional Ayurveda with high tech modern technology offers a complete holistic sanctuary that blends the best of old and new together making sanjeevanam one of the top ayurveda hospitals in kerala .
What makes sanjeevanam one of the best ayurvedic hospital in kerala ?
As a brand Sanjeevanam ayurvedic hospital in kerala has been at the forefront of holistic wellness through its centres across India. Having become the first hospital to receive the prestigious Diamond class certification from the Ministry of Tourism, the NABH accredited hospital in Kochi leverages this vast experience and knowledge to create a healing experience like no other. With a truly bespoke approach, upon arrival every guest will experience a consultation with Sanjeevanam’s impressive and experienced faculty of senior doctors.
With their insight on hand, a carefully curated range of custom-made healing interventions to suit your individual needs will be created focused on three core programmes :
- Preventive Eugenics (with Genetic complaints)
- Chemo Care
- Ante natal & Post pregnancy care
- Post abortion / Miscarriage care
- Diabetes (Type 2 DM)
- Geriatric/ Elderly care
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Pain management (Arthritic, Spine & Joint related pains, various headaches)
- Post de-addiction rehabilitation
- Cerebral palsy
- Stroke Rehabilitation
With the treatment programme defined, the severity of each guest’s condition is also assessed, with the final treatment scaled accordingly to either a light/mild approach, a moderate approach or an aggressive/intense approach. Therapies are added; diet restrictions are advised, and outdoor activities are reduced as levels shift upwards.
With Ayurvedic doctors, Hatha Yoga and Kriya Yoga instructors, Naturopathy based Dieticians, Functional Fitness instructors, Physiotherapists, Nurses and Therapists all on hand to deliver their insight, they work in tandem to curate bespoke approaches including treatments, medicines and yoga for all guests to ensure the highest wellbeing outcome.
Wellbeing is looked at from a holistic view with diet forming a huge part of the treatment. Delicious food is served across the site’s two stunning restaurants with Sanjeevanam serving vegetarian dishes and Melam serving non-vegetarian. Both restaurants fuse the exquisite tastes of North Indian, South Indian, Arabic and Continental cuisine to deliver a menu even the most discerning traveller will adore.
For those seeking respite, a complimentary state of the art movie theatre plays international movies throughout the day, whilst an e-library offers a wide choice of books for those looking to let their mind go on a journey of discovery whilst their healing programmes get underway. Lake side walks with a guide, a games room and state of the art gym offer an active touch for those looking to direct excess energy, whilst conferencing facilities allow guests to keep in touch with their family and work where needed – ideal for those seeking a longer term stay.
Sustaining good health sits at the heart of Sanjeevenam ayurvedic hospital in kerala and this desire extends to improving the wellbeing of the world around them. With that in mind, sustainability is incorporated into the design and day-to-day operations of the hospital to ensure a minimal carbon footprint is achieved. This includes all wastewater being reused in gardening and flushing, a commitment to reducing the use of plastics, recycling of wasted heat and energy efficient lights and electronic appliances.
Offering a truly 360 approach to well-being , Sanjeevanam ayurveda centre in kerala provides the ultimate destination for those seeking to improve their health in a luxurious setting, utilising the very best of the Eastern Ayurvedic principles and modern medicinal techniques to live longer, happier lives. The perfect path for those seeking a healthier body, mind and soul.
Panchakarma & popular ayurveda treatment modalities
Panchakarma is Ayurveda’s primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means ‘five therapies’. These treatments/therapies are meant to eliminate toxins from the body and regain the doshic balance. They are :
- Vamanam : medically induced emesis/ vomiting
- Virechanam : medically induced purgation
- Nasyam : procedure by which medicated oils/herbal juice etc are instilled in the nostrils
- Niruha Vasthi : it is an enema therapy in which herbal decoctions, medicated oils/ghee, herbal pastes and other medicines are used. It is an ionic solution and considered the most important treatment among Panchakarmas. Anuvasana Vasthi : Enema therapy using lipids (medicated oil / ghee)
- Raktamokshana : therapeutic blood letting
- Pizhichil/ Kayasekam : The word meaning of Pizhichil is “squeezing”. Pizhichil is done by pouring lukewarm medicated oils continuously to the whole body with simultaneous soft massage in a rhythmic manner . Two trained therapists under the supervision of a physician perform the treatment in a synchronized pattern.
- Njavarakizhi/ Shashtika Shali Pinda swedam : In this treatment, the whole body or any specific part of the body is made to perspire by the external application of certain medicated preparations in the form of boluses made of Njavara rice (special rice having medicinal values) cooked in certain herbal decoctions, milk and certain medicated powders according to the condition of the patient, tied up in muslin bags. Two therapists apply this for about 45 minutes all over the body in each session.
- Shirodhara : In this process, herbal oils, medicated milk(Ksheera Dhaara), medicated butter milk(Thakra Dhaara), etc., are poured on the forehead in a special manner(oscillatory movements) for about 45 minutes a day for a specified period as instructed by the physician.
- Udwarthanam : This is a special massage with herbal powder done for about 45 minutes daily for a specified period as instructed by the physician. Sometimes the powder will be mixed with herbal decoctions or juices and then massage is being done as per the condition of the patient.
- Abhyangam : Abhyangam (oil massage) which is an ancient Indian approach of using medicated oils for massaging the body in a rhythmic pattern adopted for healing, relaxation and treating various diseases and much emphasis is placed on the uses of different oils according to body type, season and health condition.
- Elakizhi/ Pathra Pinda Swedam : Leaves of herbs as well as whole herbs and herbal powders are made into a bolus in muslin cloth like a small bundle and give fomentation with hot medicated oils for 45 minutes per session. This continues for a specified period as instructed by the physician.
- Choorna Pinda Swedam : Choorna pinda sweda is a fomentation procedure done with the boluses of various medicated powders. It can be done as snigdha(with oil) or rooksha (dry) according to the condition.
- Snehapanam : Administering a person with a suitable medicated oil/ghee is called Snehana and when administered orally it is called snehapanam. Increasing amount of medicated ghee/oil (graded dose)is administered daily until proper signs of oleation is attained as a preparatory method to bio purificatory therapies.
- Maatravasthi : It is the procedure of oleation/oil therapy in which the medicated lipids( oil/ghee) are administered via the Anal route .
- Dhaanyamla Dhaara : This is the rhythmic pouring of a specially fermented decoction all over the body. Usually 2 therapists will perform the treatment for about 45 minutes.
- Lepanam : The procedure involves application of medicated paste either locally or all over the body based on the patient’s condition.
- Uttaravasthi : The process by which medicated oil/ghee is administered into uterus (in female) and urinary bladder (in male) for certain conditions.
- Avagaha swedam : The word means ‘to immerse’. This is a type of sudation/fomentation therapy in which the patient is made to sit in a tub containing medicated decoctions .
- Thala pothichil/ Shirolepanam : It is the application of medicated paste on the vertex/centre of head followed by bandaging for a specific period of time.
- Gandusha : It is the procedure of holding medicated oil/ decoction in the buccal cavity for a certain period without gargling.
- Kabala : Same as Gandusha. But here gargling should be done after holding for the specified period. Easy understanding is “Oil pulling”.
- Dhoomapanam : It is inhalation of medicated smoke from a lighted medicated wick.
Overview of our ayurveda centre in kerala
Sanjeevanam Ayurveda Hospital provides excellent Ayurveda treatments. Our team of Ayurveda Doctors (Vaidyas) follow traditional methods and systems that has been handed over from generation to generation . Sanjeevanam is a renowned name in the medical / health tourism sector. Sanjeevanam has a capacity to handle more than 136 Ayurveda treatments in a day with 17 treatment rooms .
We at Sanjeevanam know the pulse of each and every patient / guest and ensures quality Ayurveda treatment with a very good exposure to the culture of kerala . Sanjeevanam is a globally approved centre for the best Ayurveda treatment and every year hundreds of guests / patients come to experience the special Sanjeevanam way of healing. With a vast volume of foreign guests , Sanjeevanam ranks as the No.1 Ayurveda Hospital in kerala in terms of service quality.
Sanjeevanam ayurvedic hospital in kerala has everything that you would prefer from an excellent Ayurveda treatment centre and we promise to deliver quality healing service. It is our privilege to extent the best service to every guest where there is no compromise on quality. Sanjeevanam is a one of a kind Ayurveda Hospital in a resort Ambiance in Kerala , India committed to traditional treatments and healing methods. The quality and Ayurveda treatment modalities of Sanjeevanam needs special mention .Sanjeevanam has a dedicated team of the best Ayurveda doctors, therapists and other service staff who support the guests in every way possible .
At Sanjeevanam , we specially strive to follow traditional and heritage values. We are committed to facilitate the best in every aspect, especially with excellent Ayurveda treatments and also with other Ayurveda therapies. Our Ayurvedic centre in Kerala is located at a very peaceful area and those who undergo our healing service would definitely get an experience they will never forget.
There are efficient Ayurvedic physicians who have more than 25 years of experience . The Ayurveda doctors in Sanjeevanam are dedicated to cater with the requirements of each and every patient / guest and we would be able to assist with all the needs of the guest. The Ayurveda therapies in Sanjeevanam are very special with guaranteed healing effects and in our Ayurveda centre every year, a vast volume of foreign guests come to enjoy and experience our unique therapies.
Yoga is an undetachable part of our treatment and Sanjeevanam values highly the primitive ancient seer heritage of India where Yoga plays an important role. The Vaidyas / Ayurveda physicians in Sanjeevanam are very knowledgeable and they are well experienced for every kind of Ayurveda treatments and in Sanjeevanam, we have the facilities for providing excellent treatments to every kind of disease with multi speciality departments and doctors to address to the needs of every guest.
Sanjeevanam Ayurvedic Hospital in Kerala is a complete solution for excellent treatment and of course, there is no substitute for Sanjeevanam especially with respect to the traditional values and service quality.
Ayurveda and ayurvedic treatments
Ayurveda – the Indian system of medicine that has solutions for most health issues. Ayurveda recommends a natural way of living and Ayurveda treatments are an ancient practice that is one of the best natural forms of healing having believed to have originated more than 5,000 years ago in the Indian sub-continent. The traditional knowledge and practice of the age-old discipline helps us to correct any kind of lifestyle disorders and to incorporate a healthy regime for a good and happy life.
There is no specific age-group as to who can go for an Ayurvedic treatments. Teenagers to the old, everyone can choose to go for therapies and treatments. It would be good if people start from a smaller age and continue a health conscious lifestyle.
Ayurvedic treatments is a process which is completely natural and helps to cure, heal and improve the mental and physical condition of human beings as a whole. Ayurveda teaches us to enhance our lifestyles in a healthy way and understand the different changes occurring in our body.
Ayurveda completely follows Vedic principles and teachings and Ayurvedic treatments helps to increase our life span and helps us to lead a healthy life. Ayurveda treatments follow the natural curative techniques and improves the health condition of an individual without side effects. There are various cleansing treatments that are highly beneficial in eliminating the toxins from the body so that the body can breathe smoothly .
Doshas in ayurveda
The human body as per Ayurveda is made up of three components .These components comprises of two elements each. The components are Vata, Pitta and Kapha .
- Vata dosha consists of elements space and air which governs all the movement in the mind and body. It controls the blood flow, disposal of wastes , breath and the thoughts.
- Pitta dosha consists of fire and water that is responsible for all the heat , metabolism and transformation in the mind and body. It controls digestion and metabolism.
- Kapha consisting of water and earth governs all the structure and lubrication in the body. It controls the weight , growth , formation of all the tissues and lubrication for the joints and lungs .
Ayurveda : a way of life
Ayurvedic treatments with its spiritual and dynamic nature serves to be a guide of human existence. Ayurveda is not only a form of medical science but a way of life , Sanjeevanam ayurvedic centre in Kerala has incorporated this principle by using traditional and authentic practices along with the finest hospitality and accommodation. With the help of expert and well experienced doctors and therapists , this Ayurveda centre is a home to all travelers and people who have health issues. Another highlight of Sanjeevanam is the Ayurvedic cuisines by master chefs which helps a guest to heal from within.
Sanjeevanam – one of the best Ayurveda centres in Kerala, situated amidst the beautiful lush greenery in Kochi, Kerala, provides the best Ayurvedic treatments by well-trained therapists. A team of experienced and renowned doctors and physicians are present at this Ayurveda centre who prescribes the relevant treatment to the patients. The hospital / ayurveda centre is nationally accredited and is acclaimed to be one of the best wellness centres in Kerala.
Authentic Ayurvedic treatments are what Sanjeevanam ayurveda centre stands for. Various Ayurvedic therapies ranging from complex Ayurveda treatments to relaxing head massage , body massage , foot massage and many more are present at the ayurvedic centre that are delivered in the true Ayurvedic way. . Complete relaxation is attained after the Ayurvedic treatments which further assists to continue an active and successful life.