There are 5 treatments in Panchakarma :
- Vaman (medicine induced emesis)
- Virechana (medicine induced purgation)
- Basti or Vasthi (medicated enema)
- Nasya (errhine or Nasal pouring)
- Raktamokshana (Blood Letting)
Panchakarma therapy is performed in 3 stages
- Purvakarma (Pretreatment) – preparatory procedure that helps the body to remove the toxins that present in stomach & tissues and facilitates such toxins to move to the alimentary canal.
- Pradhanakarma (Main Treatment) – This is main treatment, based on individual diagnostic report.
- Paschatkarma (Post Treatment) – This involves dieting schedule and other DOs & DONT’s.
KarkatakaChikitsa is an ayurvedic treatment that helps to expel toxic substances from the body and maintain the health of the body and mind.
The different treatments in the monsoons include:
- Medicated steam bath
- Full body massage
- Massage with navara
- Body polish with navara pack
Full body abhyangam is done with suitable oil followed by steam. A special type of rice called navara is cooked in milk and herbal decoction is packed in small cotton bundles. With this the whole body is massaged and then navara pack is applied all over the body with a duration of 2 hours. It improves circulation and muscle tone. Eliminates toxins from the body through the pores and makes the skin smoother, softer and rejuvenated.